If you haven't used state machines before, don't worry Playmaker makes them easy - and once you start using them you'll wonder how you got along without them!
If you use state machines now you'll appreciate Playmaker's graphical editor and debugging tools - and then wonder how you got along without Playmaker!
What can you make with Playmaker?
- A.I. Behaviors
- Animation Graphs
- Interactive objects
- In-engine cut-scenes
- Gameplay prototypes
- Interactive walkthroughs
Do you need to know how to program?
No! Playmaker ships with dozens of pre-built Actions, modular building blocks that can be combined and tweaked on the fly - no coding required!
Of course, if you want, you can write your own Actions, or even call existing scripts and still use Playmaker's powerful visual editor.
In fact, many programmers love Playmaker too!
- Quickly add States and connect them with Transitions.
- Manage Events and Variables.
- Add Actions and tweak parameters.
- Save time with Templates and Copy/Paste.
- Real time Error Checking finds errors before you hit play!
- Runtime Debugging lets you watch state changes, send events, and examine variables.
- Set Breakpoints on any state, or Step through state changes.
- Write Custom Actions and they appear in the Editor!
- Integrated Help.