NOTE: Always BACKUP projects before updating PlayMaker or Unity!
Version 1.9.0 Patch 17
- Fixed long build times in projects with lots of FSMs in prefabs.
Version 1.9.0 Patch 16
- Fixed installation errors in Unity 2019.2 beta and 2019.3 alpha.
Version 1.9.0 Patch 15
- Fixed state dragging in prefab mode in 2019.1.
Version 1.9.0 Patch 14
- Fixed potential build issues in 2018.3+
Version 1.9.0 Patch 13
- Fixed double pasting in Unity 2018.3 on OSX (Unity bug).
Version 1.9.0 Patch 11
- Fixed Preprocessing of Prefabs in 2018.3+
- Fixed update of Array values in Variables manager when playing in editor.
- Fixed AutoName error in Next Frame Event action.
Version 1.9.0 Patch 10
- Fixed editor textures being too bright when color space set to Linear in Unity 2018.3+ (handled differently than older versions).
Version 1.9.0 Patch 9
- Fixed editor textures being too dark when color space set to Linear.
Version 1.9.0 Patch 8
- Fixed installation in Unity 2019.1 beta.
- Fixed error spam in rare cases where project contains dlls that can't be scanned.
Version 1.9.0 Patch 7
- Added Unity Version check to installer to detect Asset Store bug where it's importing the wrong version.
- Added PlayMaker > Tools > Preprocess Prefab FSMs
- Fixed issues when adding/deleting variables in prefabs (e.g. overridden values sometimes getting confused).
- Fixed log error spam trying to unpack prefab variants that are assets.
- Fixed caching in GetFsm variable actions when only FSM Name changed.
- Workaround for Unity menu bug in 2018.3 where sub menus are not properly collapsed under common root.
- Fixed outline around New Variable/Event Windows in 2018.3
Version 1.9.0 Patch 6
- More responsive Error Checker and Action Usage counts in large projects.
- Use full version info in Welcome Window so you can see the patch version number.
- Updated Play Random Sound to use Object variables.
- Better error checking in Get Child Num action.
- Fixed issues selecting FSMs in the Fsm Browser and Error Checker.
- Fixed "owner == null!" log spam with global variables window open.
- Fixed copied events not showing in Events tab when copy/pasting States.
- Fixed Set Fsm Variable action bug when updating values.
- Fixed errors with null Object action parameters e.g. Play Random Sound.
- Fixed assert in PostProcessScene in 2018.3 when building.
Version 1.9.0 Patch 5
- Support new Nested Prefab workflow in Unity 2018.3.
- Fixed Obsolete warnings in Unity 2018.3
- Fixed Template saving in Unity 2018.3
- Fixed UI Image Set Sprite error when Sprite was null (none).
- Fixed Float Interpolate and Vector2 Interpolate Finish Event when using EaseInOut.
- Fixed FSM screenshots on Retina/Hidpi screens.
- Fixed rare Random Int error that could lead to a crash.
- Fixed new global event not being marked global properly.
- Fixed AutoUpdater sometimes spamming update messages.
Version 1.9.0 Patch 4
- Fixed Windows Store Apps building with .net scripting backend.
Version 1.9.0 Patch 3
- Fixed variable categories sometimes getting swapped when renaming variables.
- Fixed bug when filtering selection for Array Variables (GameObject, Material, and Texture).
- Fixed Hide Obsolete Actions setting editor bugs if obsolete actions were used. (#1761)
- Fixed manual renaming of action titles.
- Fixed Auto Updater repeated requests to update.
- Bug fixes for Get/Set Fsm Array actions.
Version 1.9.0 Patch 2
- Fixed possible null ref errors in event handler components in upgraded projects.
Version 1.9.0 Patch 1
- Fixed display of arrays in editor (#1755)
- Fixed LoadScene action editor.
- Fixed AutoUpdater false positive after updating old projects.
- Fixed error when enabling Legacy Networking.
- Fixed error when Auto-Naming Set Property action.
- Updated Student Version action list to include new UI actions.
- Moved Tween enums to new namespace to avoid conflicts (e.g., LoopType in DoTween actions).
- Integrated UI Actions and Events (previously available us uGUI Addon).
- Various optimizations to reduce GC, load times and increase runtime performance.
- Added Convert sub-menu in variable selection so you can select compatible variables.
- Added Category Icons in Action Browser and Action Titlebar.
- Show total usage count on each Action Category button.
- Show progress bar on running actions.
- Synchronize debug time when switching between FSM Logs and Timeline Log.
- Allow Components in Call Method action (E.g., CanvasRenderer)
- Right-click Minimap button to open state selection menu
- Fixed build setup for Nintendo Switch.
- New Action Attributes:
- DisplayOrder - control display order of a field
- HideIfAttribute - conditionally hide an action field
- SettingsMenuItemAttribute - add a method to the action's setting menu
- PreviewFieldAttribute - specify a custom method to draw a preview under a field
- HideInInspector - editor now respects this Unity attribute allowing you to hide public fields
- Added right-click context menu to variable selection button:
- Edit Variable: Selects the variable in the Variables tab or Global Variables Window.
- Used By: See where this variable is used. Click to jump there.
- Allow open/closing actions without triggering the "editing while playing" warning.
- Default to single line editors for Vector2, Vector3 etc. Exposed as a Preference.
- Experimental preference to auto-summarize collapsed actions.
- Consistent Unity editor styles for fixed headers and footers.
- Improved FSM and Template inspectors (better prefab and undo/redo handling).
- Improved Add-ons page in Welcome Window.
- Removed iTween from the default install. The iTween actions can be imported in Welcome Window > Add-ons, BUT the user must now import iTween themselves.
- Some systems moved to Legacy section in Welcome Window > Add-ons
- Fixed Unity 2018.2 beta errors (old networking lib was removed).
- Fixed "Owner needs a Collider..." error check on Mouse events with Collider2D.
- Fixed scene always marked dirty if variable selected in the Variables Manager (#1738)
- Fixed potential duplicate variables when copying actions to another FSM (#1740)
- Fixed selection when de-maximizing editor or focusing tabbed editor.
- Fixed double-click editing of category names in variables tab.
- Fixed bug where ArrayEditor was resetting the Object arrays (#1746)
- Fixed undo/redo in Template Browser.
- Fixed errors if missing Watermarks folder/textures.
- Fixed bug in 1.8.7/8 when updating FSMs made with very old versions of Playmaker.
- Fixed editor lag with looped states (bug in 1.8.7).
- Fixed all events being marked global by Error Checker.
- Sent By context menu in Event Manager now includes events sent by the selected FSM.
- Fixed Sent By items with same path (e.g., GameObject : FSM : State 1) collapsing into a single menu item.
- Fixed Clipboard/Missing Owner templates showing up in searches (e.g., event menus).
- Fixed rendering glitch in Circuit Links if the link was perfectly horizontal.
- Fixed toggling of global events in Event Browser.
- Added preference to Ping editor windows if they're already open:
- Preferences > General > Ping Open Editor Windows
- Clickable error box if event needs to be global. Click to make the event global.
- Fixed 2D Physics events in Run FSM action.
- Fixed hierarchy changes unselecting sub FSMs (e.g. Run FSM), making them hard to debug (#1718)
- Don't auto-close Action Browser if it's docked (#1575)
- Fixed Graph View not resetting when PlayMakerFSM was Reset in menu (#1554)
- Don't add second PlayMakerGUI if it's disabled in the scene.
- Fixed layout of some action parameters with new re-sizable Inspector.
- Actions copied in State Inspector and pasted in Graph View were pasted off screen.
- Disabled rich text editing in State Description since there was no way to edit the tags.
- Drag and drop actions from State Inspector into Graph View (onto other states or to make a new state)
- Hold shift to duplicate dragged actions instead of moving them.
- Added activation fx for actions similar to the graph activation fx.
- Added Direct transition link style:
- UI Animations (turn off in Preferences > General > UI Animation FX):
- Open/close animations for action foldouts.
- Smooth auto-scrolling to the selected action.
- Smooth removal of deleted action.
- Keyboard navigation in the Graph View.
- Cursor keys to select closest state
- Return/enter to select transition. Escape to deselect.
- Keyboard controls in State Inspector.
- Works like Unity Hierarchy cursor controls (multi-select logic etc.)
- Space/enter to open/close selected actions.
- Move actions up/down with Ctrl+Up/Down keys (Cmd+Up/Down on OSX).
- Added a help box to the Bug Report form in Unity 2017.1 since it's broken in that version due to a Unity bug.
- Re-sizable variable inspector in Variables tab and Global Variables window.
- Added Graph View preference to fade links not connected to selected states.
- Count events sent by actions in Event Manager used count column. Improved Context Menu shows Sent By... and Received By... submenus.
- Don't add second FINISHED event with Ctrl/Cmd click state shortcut. Instead open Event Menu.
- Remember last selected directory when saving Templates.
- Show State Errors in Minimap (as little red dot)
- Added StateChanged callback to Fsm class.
- Fixed dragging of Actions in Unity 2017.3
- Fixed missing Custom Action Editors with .net 4.6 in Unity 2017+
- Fixed ArrayContains to properly handle null/none values.
- Added GameObject field to collision/trigger actions so you can detect collisions on other GameObjects.
- Added Any Tag option to collision/trigger actions.
- New Guided Tour window (Main Menu > PlayMaker > Help > Guided Tour)
- Hold Shift in Graph View to scroll horizontally with Mouse Wheel.
- New Assert Action (uses Conditional Expression core).
- Added Preference to disable large GameObject and FSM title in Graph View.
- Fixed Obsolete warnings in Unity 2017.3.
- Organized all actions in folders.
- Updated offline manual.