This page contains links to sample scenes and fully working games, all made with PlayMaker, no scripting required.
NOTE: You can also find samples on the PlayMaker Ecosystem:
New Sample Scenes
New sample scenes require Unity 2018.4+ and PlayMaker 1.9.1+.
We are in the process of adding more samples. Check back here as we add more!
Import the packages into your PlayMaker project and find the sample scenes in Assets\Samples\PlayMaker\
- The sample scenes use the Builtin Renderer. Use the Unity Converter to upgrade shaders if your project uses a different render pipeline.
- UI Text looks better in Unity 2019.4+. We didn't want to introduce a dependency on TextMeshPro for the samples, but we recommend using it over the default Unity UI Text.
Samples that show how to save information using PlayerPrefs.
- Save Player Name - Save and display a player name.
Samples that show how to instantiate prefabs in the scene.
- Click To Spawn - Spawn an object where you click.
- Click To Spawn Random - Spawn a random object where you click.
- Spawn Wave - Spawn objects in a predefined pattern.
Samples that show common techniques for third-person games.
- Click Move To Target - Click to move the player to a target.
- Drag Rotate Turret - Drag a turret to rotate it, space to shoot.
- Mouse Aim Turret - Use the mouse to aim a turret, click to shoot.
Samples that show how to use the Unity UI System.
- Countdown - A classic film style countdown.
- Keypad Lock - A number pad that tests for a pass code.
- Simple Controls - Setup and use buttons, check boxes, sliders etc.
First Person Controller Tutorial
Samples that go with the YouTube First Person Controller Tutorials.
- Player Simple Move - Move a character and look around.
- Player Interact - Interact with objects in the scene.
- Player Grab And Throw - Pick up and throw objects.
- Player Reticle - Dynamic reticle that changes with targeted object.
These are older samples scenes that will eventually be removed as they are replaced with new samples.
IMPORTANT: Do not import these sample scenes into existing projects! This can overwrite assets in your project!
Start a New Project, install PlayMaker, then import the samples unitypackage.
Download PlayMaker Sample Scenes (requires Unity 5.3+ and Playmaker 1.8+)
NOTE: Some sample scenes require iTween:
- Download iTween from the Unity Asset Store
- Import the iTween actions from Welcome Screen > Add-ons
Read breakdowns of the sample scenes here.
Network Sample with ExitGames Photon Classic
NOTE: The Photon Demo requires Photon Networking Classic.
UnityLearn 2D Platformer Project
This is a 100% PlayMaker port of the UnityLearn project on the AssetStore.
Find the project in this github repository.
This sample will show you some complex UI systems for face feature control.
It makes extensive use of DataMaker, using xml to save/read faces setup.
This is reversed engineered Sample, using KenPlanes. This is great for those who want to compare a full C# game with a full PlayMaker counter part, for the exact same set of features and gameplay.
KenPlanes artwork and C# source is available via patreon
Vuforia AR Menu
This sample is inspired from a very cool experiment on twitter
Check out the forum thread
Find more samples on the PlayMaker Ecosystem.
Complete starter kits for various game types.
3d Sauce Kits:
- Breakout Pro! Kit
- Platforming Starter Kit
- 3d Infinite Runner Kit
- Floppy Template
- Word Game Kit
- BlackJack Kit
Flying Robot Studios's kits: