NOTE: The About box still says 1.4.4. This was a quick update with fixes for Unity 4 warnings that only effected some actions, not the core Playmaker build.
- Fixed warnings in Unity 4.0
- Fixed GUILayout Begin Area ignoring the style setting.
- You can now move the Playmaker directory. E.g. Move it to Assets/MiddleWare/PlayMaker. Note: It's probably a good idea to restart Unity after moving Playmaker.
- FSMs are now initialized in Awake instead of Start. This should reduce hitches when enabling pooled objects.
- Added [DISABLED] text to the Graph View when the selected FSM is disabled or inactive.
- Always open Playmaker Console if something to report when loading actions (e.g. action has changed). Previously only opened on errors.
- Changed Log to LogWarning if actions have changed to draw attention to the fact that FSMs need to be re-saved.
- Set FSM dirty when its data has been fixed on load (e.g., action has changed).
- Added FixedUpdate option to Translate and Rotate actions.
- Fixed prefabs losing variable references on playmode change in newer versions of Unity.
- Fixed NullReferenceException with some actions if behavior was deleted or renamed.
- Fixed editor crash bug in Variables tab with some custom types.
- Fixed Unity editor freezing when maximizing Playmaker editor with tool windows docked in the layout.
- Fixed Get Property and Set Property caching bug that caused actions to target the wrong Object variable.
- Fixed exception when using null/none in Set Property action. Now lets you set a property to null.
- Fixed Color variable in Set Property reverting to "none" on play.
- Fixed Int Changed and Float Changed actions so they only fire an event once when changed.
- Fixed Wait action so it sends finished event if Time is zero.
- Fixed UIHint.Vector2 attribute for Vector2 editor fields.
- Debug: Debug Object
- Get Fsm Vector2
- Set Fsm Vector2
- Improved editor performance when working with larger projects.
- Variables and events are now sorted alphabetically in popup menus.
- Added Vector2 support to Set Event Data and Get Event Info.
- Global events no longer need to be exported/imported.
- Added error checking to actions that require a MainCamera.
- Fixed lost edits when editor docked in same tab panel as Game View.
- Fixed null ref errors when importing updates.
- Fixed LogWarning and LogError commands in actions.
- Fixed help button link in Event Browser.
- GameObject: Get Transform
- Added "Sent By..." to Transition Menu. Lets you find actions that can trigger the transition.
- Added "Edit Script" to Action Settings Menu and Action Browser context menu.
- Fixed null ref errors with Collision proxies introduced in 1.4.1.
- Action Browser usage counts now update properly with scene changes.
- Clicking Edit in the PlayMakerFSM inspector no longer shows the Welcome Screen if the editor is already open.
- Big performance optimization for Collision, Trigger, and Mouse Events. Note, if you handle collision or trigger events in custom actions you now need to do a little extra initialization. See Collision Event or Trigger Event actions as examples.
- Action Browser now shows usage count. Right click on action name to find actions.
- Added "Find Action In Browser" to Actions Setting Menu.
- You can now edit saved Fsm Templates. Just select the template in the Template Browser.
- Added an option to let individual FSMs handle their own OnGUI. Right now this is enabled automatically when you use a Set GUI Depth action since it doesn't work with the PlayMakerGUI batching of OnGUI commands. We may expose this as an explicit flag if there's demand...
- Added "Transition Target" to transition context menu.
- Tweaked formatting of errors in State tab.
- Added Material field to material actions.
- Exposed AdjustFixedDeltaTime as an option in Scale Time to make it clearer that the action is doing other stuff under the hood.
- PlayMaker > Tools > Documentation Helpers. Releases some internal tools used to help document actions on the wiki.
- Added LateUpdate option to SetPosition, SetRotation, SetScale, and SmoothLookAtDirection.
- OnFixedUpdate was called in Actions before OnEnter.
- FindClosest action returned squared distance.
- FindClosest action wouldn't search all GameObjects if no tag defined. NOTE: Searching with a Tag is generally a lot quicker!
- Input: Transform Input To World Space
- Transform: Smooth Follow Action
- Select Event when you add a Transition. This saves an extra couple of clicks...
- Changed Ctrl-Click State shortcut to add a FINISHED transition event.
Drag And Drop
- Drag actions onto Graph View canvas to make a new state with that action.
- Drag objects onto Variables Tab and Globals Window to create variables.
- Drag objects onto actions panel to create a Get/Set Property action.
- Drag animation clips into the editor to create animation states.
- Drag Animation Component onto the Graph View to make animation graphs.
- Category buttons now act like toggles, so you can close the selected category.
- Search field words can now be entered in any order.
- Added Sample Scenes download link (since the samples are no longer included).
- Welcome Screen now opens automatically after Playmaker is updated to a new version.
- Fixed bug where you couldn't enter a variable tooltip because it lost focus.
- Fixed bug where you had to click on variable text fields twice to edit them.
- Fixed errors when deleting or changing types of variables used in Get/Set Property actions.
- Fixed initialization of Get/Set Property when FsmObject variable was null.
- Fixed re-initialization of Get/Set Property when changing FsmObject type.
- Catch exceptions when using GetExportedTypes with some third party tools.
- Fixed InvalidOperationException when deleting unused variables.
- Improved handling of time in the editor when stepping frames.
- GUILayoutTextField: Fixed bug where maxLength was ignored.
- Play Random Animation
- Set Main Camera