- Group and collapse states in the Graph View.
- Color and group Events and Variables.
- Add notes, pictures and other widgets to canvas and list views.
- Higher level Project and Scene Graph Views that show how FSMs interact (imagine zooming one level out from the current FSM Graph View)
- Scene View overlays to show connections between FSMs (events, variables...)
- Project search tools.
- Native Object Pooling system.
- New example scenes.
- New tutorial videos.
- New flat style.
- Faster FSM loading (uses generated code for fast track action loading).
- Widgets use a flexible plugin system for the PlayMaker editor to embed info where the user wants it (on the canvas, in the variable/event lists etc.)
- Widget examples: event buttons, variable editors, asset links, todo lists, runtime variable graphs, camera render, event log, minimap of the scene...
(old 1.9.1 notes - some of this might still make it into 1.9.1 so saving it here)
- This release will include simple example scenes to get users up and running quickly:
- UI: common UI setups (hello world, buttons, input field etc.)
- Tween: simple tweening of variables, position, rotation, scale, UI etc.
Native Object Pooling
- Since instantiation is such a common performance pitfall, it makes sense to include a simple object pooling solution.
- Simple to setup and use with new actions such as Spawn and Despawn
- Runtime debugging of pools (e.g. in FSM Browser).
- You can preload pools by creating a PlayMakerPoolDefinitionAsset, listing all the prefabs you want to pool and how much you want for each
- You can have as many PlayMakerPoolDefinitionAsset as you want per project, so that you can package a game or asset store item that requires PlayMaker and define the pools you need without affecting other pools definition
- You can enabled disable each pool preload setup in a PlayMakerPoolDefinitionAsset for convenient experimentation.
- New PoolsWindow editor browser listing all pools and their current statistics
- PoolsWindow has sortable columns with reverse ordering if you click again on the current sorting column
- FsmLogs has new entries for when an Fsm is being spawned or despawned
- Pools can be organized in hierarchy or not, they can be hidden or not, and instances can be auto named or not ( auto naming being performant sensitive, it's better not to have it on if your pool is preloaded at runtime with a high volume)
- Native Object Pooling system - increased performance!
- Native Tweening Actions with scene editors and curve previews.
- Template Output Variables to better build re-usable building blocks.
- Easier Prefab and Template selection and navigation.
- Find Template usages in scene, prefab, and other templates.
- Math Expression Action
- Added option to Reset Variables when resetting an FSM.
- Added Info section to FSM Inspector.
- Example UI Scenes