Action Sequence is a setting in the State Inspector that controls how actions are executed.
Normally all actions in a state are updated every frame from top to bottom. See Actions.
The Action Sequence setting lets you run each action in turn.
This sequence will:
- Wait for 0.5 seconds.
- Then Play the startSound AudioClip.
- Then Wait 1 second and send the NextState event.
Without Action Sequence enabled, the same action list would:
- Immediately Play the startSound AudioClip.
- Wait 1 second and send the NextState event.
- (The first Wait essentially does nothing.)
Note that the dividers between actions change to indicate that Action Sequence is enabled:
The downward arrow in the divider indicates an Action Sequence.
- Actions used in a sequence MUST finish, otherwise the next action will never run.
- Active actions have a green highlight.
- Finished actions are dimmed.